Debian iptables script & init.d

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 30 02:19:56 UTC 2005

Alan> Hello all (Old) RedHat had an rc.local which I used to execute my
Alan> iptables script.  (New) Debian apparently doesn't allow for such a
Alan> technique.

Alan> Is creating a SysVinit script in /etc/init.d (and then using
Alan> update-rc.d) the proper way to execute my iptables script?

I don't see what's wrong with that but it isn't the "official" way.
That is to attach stuff to your interface definitions in
/etc/network/interfaces.  See the manpage interfaces(5) and look
specifically for "pre-up".

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.