OT: repairing laptop AC-in

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 29 00:53:33 UTC 2005

hi folks,

not a linux question, but I'm running debian on this machine!

The AC-in on my HP Omnibook 4100 has become very flaky; only on rare
occasions will it accually function properly.  Probably due to lots of
abuse by me and my kids.

Anyway, I was messing with the unit, trying to expose the power supply
sufficiently to allow me to find & repair the loose connection, but
wasn't ableto get in far enough.  I wondered whether anyone had
successfully done this kind of hardware repair on an Omnibook, and/or
whether there's anyone in town I might take it to for repairs.  This
is a PII laptop, in pretty rough shape, so I'd like to avoid paying
lots of money for repair...

thanks,

Matt

Matt Price	    matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094