looking for linux experts, part 2

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 28 22:48:14 UTC 2005

its a laptop,
250GB for 100$ with enclosure and usb interface?
you have a good hardware supplier! :)

if your HD crunches more as its used, dd the whole thing would be really bad,
especially if it generates 10,000 kernel "disk" messages a minute.
if you do decide to dd ... i'd try a dry run with say 10 MB
before you get your HD nice and toasty warm.

you can even get a USB flash from a local radio shack, camera shop, even a drug store, and probably even
a book store, etc,
so it might be a bit easy and quicker to obtain.

-tl