looking for linux experts, part 2

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 28 21:57:10 UTC 2005

if you can boot with a "Live"  DVD/CD  (even knoppix)
you should make sure you have a network connection,
and email your important files to a gmail account (that has GB's space)
and I assume you probably don't have anymore then 100MB so your
machine can chug away for some time and just put all that stuff to the gmail server.

with that nasty HD about to die, I wouldn't bet on having those files for to much longer,
so i would not do any unnecessary spining of that HD unless you know your plan is to get the
stuff off.
be nice if some one could get you a Suse(9.X/10.X) live DVD and you'd be rocking.
If you could get up and not in graphics mode but have just a network connect,
failing to use a mail client, I could provide you with a temporary FTP access
and you could ftp a tgz of everything you need so atleast its safe and sound.
Or maybe TLUG has a server that can give you a temp ftp account for this purpose.

-tl