looking for linux experts

interlug-list interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 28 20:10:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 14:20, dominic bonfiglio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to the list and I need emergency help.

Hi Domenic,

Welcome to the list and you have my sympathies on the urgent nature of
your problem.  There are many on the list who are talented enough to be
helpful to you.  Since you are new, and don't have a background or
history with us you might help things along a little faster by telling
us:

Where you are, if you can't travel.  I presume "Toronto", but to some
uptown vs. downtown vs. particular suburbs makes a difference.

Where you are willing to travel to get help and on what schedule.  Since
you want face-to-face help the schedule will have to be mutually
acceptable.  Also, if you are setting out on a 'round the world cruise
on Thursday, somebody offering help in Friday doesn't really work.

Compensation.  Most folks will go further out of their way to help
friends and family, than random Internet posters (or vice-versa,
depending on the family, I guess) and you have already been abandoned by
your friend in Germany.  So you might indicate if you are looking for
help from a kind-hearted soul, in exchange for goodwill and a hearty
handshake, or if you seek a professional with an hourly rate and a
professional looking invoice.  You can find both (and much in between)
here.

Additional hardware information.  Might lead to a quick fix.

Good luck!