looking for linux experts

dominic bonfiglio dominicbonfiglio-Mmb7MZpHnFY at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 28 19:20:59 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am new to the list and I need emergency help. I am a new Linux user (a
well-informed friend of mine in Germany installed SuSe 9.3 on my computer)
and I think I just had a head crash. My data are still intact but I need
some hands-on help. Does anyone have 1) an external hard drive to save my
important data on 2) have the knowledge to partition a new laptop harddrive
(which I must now buy) and 3) guide me through the installation of SuSe 9.3.
and the transfer of the data from the external harddrive back to my new one?

You might ask: why am I so incompetent? Well, my German friend is a huge
supporter of the open source community and convinced me on ideological
grounds (I am working on my PhD in philosophy) to change to Linux. I was no
expert with computers before, and, although I am learning, I am still
unskilled at the command line and tackling larger issues. My friend tried to
help me by phone, but there is only so much he can do without being on site.

I am just about to start on my term papers and desperately need my
computer...

Thanks,
Dominic