S-W-E-E-T !!!

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 23 11:36:47 UTC 2005

... Not wanting to rain on your parade, but it is presented as an "opinion"
piece, not as news. But much of what was written there gave me the feeling of
"why haven't I read that before?" as news. That might say something about the
press, in this case the business press. But I haven't read much in the tech press
about it either (except for articles about individual devices, but not more
general articles like this one, written as "news").

Linux moving to small devices has been known for years, at least since kernel
version 2.2. I have never read about the extent to which the move had been made,
until this "opinion" article. I wonder if any business reporter would bother to
investigate this as a "news article".

Even if I were an investor in say, tech stock, I would likely define a "quality
business magazine" as one that gives me a realistic enuogh view of the world so
that I can make my investments wisely. If I knew that Red Hat was being used more
often in cell phones than Microsoft, would that not affect my investment
decisions? A magazine that doesn't tell me things like this isn't worth buying,
IMO. And, what am I supposed to conclude from someone's "opinion"? I am more
likely to dismiss it as biased.

Paul

On 23 Nov 2005 at 0:14, ted leslie (ted leslie <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>) spaketh these wourdes: