md5sum on CD

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 21 19:54:12 UTC 2005

Moniz Family wrote:
> On a related note, I downloaded all 4 ISOs for Fedora Core 4, but none
> of them had the same checksum as specified on the mirror site. I tried
> downloading Disk 1 a second time and had the exact same (but incorrect)
> checksum as the first try.

The subject line of your message mentions md5sum. If you are using that
program to generate the hash you are comparing against the information on the
FC4 download sites you are using the wrong program. The file containing the
hash values is called SHA1SUM and near the top of that file you will see the
line "Hash: SHA1".

You need to run the program sha1sum to get the correct hash values. The switch
from md5sum to sha1sum was made sometime after FC3 came out.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: