computer books in Toronto (Chapters)

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 20 17:41:37 UTC 2005

On 11/20/05, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Confusing the situation is the fact that there are _two_
> English-language magazines called "Linux Magazine" -- the aforementioned
> European-based one (http://www.linux-magazine.com/) based in the UK, and
> an American one (http://www.linuxmagazine.com/). In the US, the European
> publication is called "Linux Pro Magazine" for obvious trademark
> reasons. (The word "PRO" on the cover is not in particularly large type
> :-) ).
>
> In Canada, we get the British version (as they can use the name "Linux
> Magazine" here), which means that the copies on sale at the bookstores
> have DVDs attached. However, the content is almost identical to the US
> version.
>
> The end result is that Canadian bookstores could be conceivably be
> carrying two different periodicals calling themselves "Linux Magazine".
> If you encounter that, remember that the larger European-based one
> likely has a DVD attached.
>
> - Evan

I like the "Linux Magazine" that comes with the DVD, for about $12.
Linux Format is my second favourite, because it costs about $20 for
mag+DVD. I've found both of these magazines usually have excellent
articles in addition to their DVDs.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org