Where can I buy a linux-friendly laptop?

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 20 15:30:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 06:25 -0500, James Knott wrote:
> You might try Angel Computers in Mississauga.  They sell notebooks with
> Linux or no OS installed for less than the same system with Windows.
>
> http://www.angelcomputer.com/

I've noticed that their 24-month lease (at 9.1%) appears to have higher
interest than the 36-month lease (at 8.7%). While your overall payout
would still be lower with 24 months, I would still negotiate, say a 7.7%
interest rate (which is equitable with their 42-month plan, at a 9.4%
interest rate). Of course, the cheapest payment plan is to pay cash up-
front :-)

Usually, a shorter payment plan ought to attract the lowest interest
rate. Am I right, or am I missing something?