Novell, WP

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 19 21:46:32 UTC 2005

Kevin Cozens wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>> IIRC, there was something similar in Wordstar 2000 and PC-Write.
>
> Interesting to know. Before WP I used Wordstar under CP/M and later used
> it on early models of the PC. I don't remember if the PC version was
> WordStar 2000 or not.

There were two products from that company Wordstar and Wordstar 2000.
IIRC, there wasn't a lot in common between them.  I used that feature a
lot on files produced by some of my co-workers, that often had lots of
formatting codes where they weren't needed or appropriate.  When I
worked on those, the first thing I did was to go through them and tidy
things up, before I did my work.