Rogers and Usenet

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 18 00:18:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> Overall, the picture is gloomy; if Micro$oft doesn't kill the Net as we
> know it, the big ISPs will.

But the Net has a free structure and has no real central control.  As
long as it stays that way we're fine.  All the large ISPs could drop
Usenet and it would still be a very busy medium.

If the Net as we know it didn't serve our purposes then new services would
arise to provide what we want.  It's even possible an entirely new network
could arise if enough people were disatisfied with the existing offerings.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:	support-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org