Rogers and Usenet

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 17 05:57:32 UTC 2005

Today in the newspaper, I read that Rogers is dropping Usenet service.
I am on Rogers.

I have been using the mailing list gateways where I can for months now,
but some newsgroups don't have them.  For the few of those that I find
interesting, I now use news2mail:

http://www.news2mail.com

That doesn't give you posting privileges, but use can use
mail2news for that (finger mail2news-Df8sxST2xYZMuWfdjsoA/w at public.gmane.org).

I hope this helps someone.

Overall, the picture is gloomy; if Micro$oft doesn't kill the Net as we
know it, the big ISPs will.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.