Novell will (continue to) support KDE after all

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 16 18:44:10 UTC 2005

While Chris Browne pointed out some of the technical challenges of doing
this in the obvious way I just wanted to point out that this is
happening in ways that make sense.  That is, collaboration on low-level
libraries and high-level specifications.  See freedesktop.org.  They are
the source of many cool things that are happening in the foss desktop
(e.g., dbus, hal, etc) and are intended to allow KDE and GNOME
applications to interact and coexist happily.  It's relatively young but
it has been and continues to be fruitful.

Marcus