Novell will (continue to) support KDE after all

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 16 11:39:56 UTC 2005

[...]

http://www.goslingcommunity.org/ is a good start.  :-)

> > Windows itself may not be the "product of Intelligent Design," but I'm
> > fairly certain it's continued survival and proliferation is.  The
> > long-standing dominance of Window's in the business world could thus,
> > perhaps, be described a little better as being "a by-product of
> > Intelligent Design."
>
> Or of genetic selection that leads to the optimization of income by
> territorial expansion at the expense of everything else. A valid
> strategy for first-order logic governed organisms and processes. Like
> fermentation, wildfires, amoebas, bacteria, and dinosaurs.
>
> Combined with what I wrote above, an 'organism' genetically selected to
> please as many buyers as possible is implicitly one selected *against*
> best solving individual problems, and almost designed such that it
> *cannot* solve problems governed by a higher order logic (by logic here
> I mean the logic of organization, clustering, networking etc, not logic
> used in the mathematical or algorythmic sense).

Mathematical logic and algorythms do explore organization, clustering,
and networking though.  Complexity theory looks at this.
http://www.calresco.org/

(For a plain english introduction to complexity theory, see also Ian
Stewarts "Nature's Numbers".  A quick google search also turned up
this review: http://www.geocities.com/dfloyd2292/natures.html)

:-)
--
Scott Elcomb