USB Ethernet

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 14 22:23:53 UTC 2005

Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> I think I have the G122 of the same revision on my Mini-ITX box. While
> it sort-of worked under ndiswrapper, it would drop the connection after
> a few minutes and refuse to restart.
[snip]
> (who sadly had to install Windows XP on the Mini-ITX box; the drivers
> were just not there for Linux.)

I have the A2 revision of the DWL-G122 and I also have revision A1 of the
DWL-122. I have been able to get both working using the latest version of
ndiswrappers and the Windows XP drivers. I haven't run it for any length of
time to see if there were any problems or not.

Which version of ndiswrappers were you using? How long was the connection
running before it got dropped?

I am looking at adding WiFi support to a product. If the connection will be
unreliable using the above device I will have to look in to other devices
(unless it has something to do with the version of ndiswrapper being used).

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: