USB Ethernet

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 10 13:30:10 UTC 2005

On November 9, 2005 07:58 pm, Merv Curley wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 November 2005 15:22, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > You certainly need drivers for any network device.  Some linux already
> > has drivers for, some you have to get seperately, and some have no
> > existing drivers and might never have any.
>
> Well Jason has pointed me to a number of sites that I can use, thanks
> Jason. What I didn't know was if it somehow was one of the magic USB
> devices that show up as sda something.
>
> > What make, model _and_ revision is your device?
>
> It is a D-link,  not a Linksys,  Model DWL-G122
> H/W ver A2  and F/W ver 1.01

It looks like yours is Prism2 based.

Most distros contain the prism drivers by default.

There is some good information here, but a warning.... It seems that a lot of
people are having trouble getting this to work with the prism drivers and
fall back to using ndiswrapper.

http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~pliszka/hints/prism2.html

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca