planning to go back into Linux, what distro do you recommend?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 8 04:05:10 UTC 2005

On 11/7/05, Simon Tonekham <stonekham14-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I recommend PCLinuxOS to anyone who wants to "check out" a linux..
especially those who have had varying experiences in the past.

Great hardware detection, and all the various apps and doodads an
interested user would want.

If you want to make sure it'll work with your stuff.. burn off the
iso, boot from it.. 100% of what you get when you boot into the livecd
is what you get when you install it.

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos/

----

For the techs in the audience.. it's so trivial to remaster that I
took a bit of time and wrapped up a basic firewall with it:
http://jrandomhacker.info/PCLinuxOS
http://jrandomhacker.info/PCLinuxOS_remastering
(the firewall itself isn't available for download right now, as my
setup is in an inbetween state..)

Being able to "back up" my setup into a liveboot cd is pretty awesome.  =)