Any tutorial on the mysteries of .Xresources file?

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 6 09:32:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Charles philip Chan wrote:

> On  5 Nov 2005, plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> And totally fail to do the right thing when run remotely, by the way.
>
> Since I haven't had the opportunity to run a remote app, I am curious as
> to the problem they have? Can you please enlighten me.

If you run a remote app with kde gnome etc from a screen that has
different dimensions than the one for which ~/.kde* has settings (fonts
etc) you will likely have all sorts of giant/tiny/missing fonts, window
sizes, and window positions issues (such as windows placed outside the
screen and so on).

Peter