Mac Open Source?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 3 18:06:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 06:27:18PM -0400, Tony Abou-Assaleh wrote:
> One would think that ftp/sftp is an essential part of our lives,
> especially in the absence of floppies.

I consider ftp to be a crappy terrible protocol that is best forgotten.
ssh/scp seems to be something that should be essential, and with things
like psftp and pscp available with putty for windows, there is no excuse
for still using ftp.

> Fugu seems to be the only graphical ftp/sftp client for Mac OSX, one that
> looks nice, crashes a lot, doesn't handle directories well, and plenty of
> other problems.
>
> Any reasonable alternatives?

You mean besides using a sane protocol instead?  No idea for that.

Lennart Sorensen