Postix solved, new (vendor-related) dilemma

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 1 04:29:35 UTC 2005

HELO,

(It amused me so much the first time, I thought I'd do it again...)

After looking again very carefully I updated two settings and the
mailing list is now working!!

1. mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 66.98.212.88/24
2. smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
         permit_mynetworks,
         reject_unauth_destination,

permit_mynetworks used to be at the bottom of the
smtpd_recipient_restrictions...both of these changes were required to
make the mailing list work.

But in other news, I need advice on how to deal with a vendor. Earlier
this summer I helped my dad buy a laptop from a Linux-friendly vendor.
Unfortunately the screen blew out. They took it back in for repairs over
three weeks ago. They said it would take between two days and two weeks
and now they are refusing to (1) respond to emails (2) answer the phone
(3) answer IM messages on the status of the laptop.

The vendor is one whose name is mentioned a lot on this list. We bought
the laptop based on the praise it had received here...but now I'm at a
loss on what to do. I don't want to "out" the vendor, but I also don't
want others buying from them if they cannot support the products they
sell. (And at this point it feels like they've stolen the laptop from
us, which is quite frankly...disgusting.)

Any advice?

regards,
emma

--