Postfix, mailman and relay access denied

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane-MHIYrZpDPrNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 1 01:25:03 UTC 2005

HELO,

After much googling and bashing my head around I'm still no further
ahead than what I was two weeks ago. It's time to actually ask for help.
(Oh the shame...)

I've got a mailing list. It's a beautiful thing. It's got loads of names
and it makes my mum very happy. Except postfix refuses to deliver mail
to the recipients on the mailing list. I get the notice that says, "Oi!
Someone's trying to send a message." (Which is delivered to me, a local
user.) But then when I go in and accept the message, the actual messages
can't get off my mail server. In fact it won't even send *me* a copy of
the message (me == a local user).

Can anyone offer some insight on what I might be doing wrong? I believe
I've pasted all of the relevant error messages (and the postfix config
file) here...

thanks so much for any help you can give me!
emma

/var/log/mail.log
Oct 31 20:12:37 (none) postfix/smtpd[22734]: 64E5A199966: reject: RCPT
from xtrinsic.net[66.98.212.88]: 554 <person-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>: Relay access
denied; from=<gingerpress-updates-bounces-MHIYrZpDPrPk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org>
to=<mip-EoMZgpubrgE at public.gmane.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<xtrinsic.net>

/var/log/amilman/smtp
Oct 31 20:12:41 2005 (22595) <4366BE2A.7040409-10k0FXpmZ99dz2imjWt+ww at public.gmane.org> smtp for
496 recips, completed in 34.848 seconds

/var/log/mailman/smtp-failure
Oct 31 20:12:41 2005 (22595) delivery to person-hcDgGtZH8xNBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org failed with
code -1: Server not connected

------ output of postconf -n ----------
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
disable_vrfy_command = yes
home_mailbox = Maildir/
local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps $virtual_maps
mail_name = Postfix
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mydestination = $myhostname, /etc/postfix/domains
myhostname = xtrinsic.net
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
mynetworks_style = subnet
myorigin = $mydomain
recipient_delimiter = +
relay_domains = $mydestination
setgid_group = postdrop
show_user_unknown_table_name = no
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
reject_rbl_client relays.
ordb.org,       reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,     permit
smtpd_delay_reject = yes
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks     reject_invalid_hostname,
        reject_no
n_fqdn_hostname,        reject_unknown_client,   reject_non_fqdn_sender,
         reject_u
nknown_recipient_domain,         reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unknown_sender_do
main,   reject_unknown_hostname
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unauth_destination,
check_sender_access hash:
/etc/postfix/whitelist  reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
reject_rbl_client relays.
ordb.org,       reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,
reject_non_fqdn_hostname,       r
eject_non_fqdn_sender,  reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
         reject_unknown_sender_domain,   permit_mynetworks
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_address,
reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_un
known_sender_domain
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550