Technical book store in GTA?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 31 18:14:47 UTC 2005

On 5/30/05, Steve A <kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 04:14:24PM +0000 or thereabouts, James McIntosh wrote:
>
> > Books & Music +.Com,
> > Agincourt Mall,
>
> Yep that's it.
>
> > and holds flea-market sales and auctions on Saturdays in the suite #2 next
> > door.
> >
> > Note that these books, some at 50% off, and some for only $1 each, are NOT
> > the very latest versions. For example, if Corel has released version 12 of
> > Corel DRAW!, then the books in the store may be for versions 10, 9, 8,
> > etc., but not at all likely version 12.
>
> Actually, I HAVE found browsing, some current books mixed up in the as you say,
> "not the very latest versions". This is at the Agincourt store, I have no
> experience with the other store you mention.

Historically, I have commonly picked over some of the *really* good
stuff there...

For instance, I have a copy of the 7th edition of Date's Introduction
to Database Systems that I found in the textbook section there.  Add
also the S reference, Gill & Murray's classic on nonlinear
optimization which, in grad school, I kept borrowing from
professors...  The latter, I would have been happy to pay a pretty
hefty price for...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)