Technical book store in GTA?

James McIntosh jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon May 30 16:14:24 UTC 2005

At 08:15 PM 2005/05/28 -0400, Steve A <kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>A good store to check out is in the Agincourt Mall, (not sure of the
name). Half
>of the store is devoted to technical computer books. I'm sure if one
browses one
>will find some gems there.
>
>--
>Steve A.

Books & Music +.Com,
Agincourt Mall,
3850 Sheppard Avenue East,
Agincourt,
Scarborough,
Toronto, Ontario,
M1T 3L4
416-754-4000: voice
416-754-1729: fax
(west of Kennedy Road)

is owned by Mr. George Bashir, who also owns:

CompuBooks,
3595 St. Clair Ave. E., #3,
two blocks east of Kennedy Rd.,
Scarborough,
Toronto, Ontario
M1K 1L8
M-S: 10-6
416-266-3358

and holds flea-market sales and auctions on Saturdays in the suite #2 next
door.

Note that these books, some at 50% off, and some for only $1 each, are NOT
the very latest versions. For example, if Corel has released version 12 of
Corel DRAW!, then the books in the store may be for versions 10, 9, 8,
etc., but not at all likely version 12.

Mr. George Bashir was one of the two partners in Computer Fest, before they
split up.

Jim McIntosh   416-292-8126   <jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>