port replicators and linux

Franco Saliola saliola-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 29 20:15:00 UTC 2005

Hey Joseph,

On 5/29/05, Joseph Kubik <josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What brand / t is your laptop?

I have a Presario 2800CA. It doesn't have a serial port or ps/2
mouse/keyboard ports, but the port replicator does. So I'm wondering
if those will work.

> I've even got X configured to do dual head display. One on the laptop
> and one on the CRT.

I have that working with my laptop now using the vga output. Here's a
related question. Have you been able to setup the secondary display as
the primary display? So that movies will play on the external display
instead of the laptop screen? I can only do this by disabling the
laptop screen so that the external monitor becomes the primary
display.

Franco