Any Bash features you'd like to see?

David Thornton david-FkEgs2FKm2NvBvnq28/GKQ at public.gmane.org
Thu May 26 13:11:11 UTC 2005

Hey guys,

I was poking around in the bash tar ball and found this

/examples/scripts.v2/cdhist.bash

# cdhist - cd replacement with a directory stack like pushd/popd
#
# usage: cd [-l] [-n] [-] [dir]
#
#       -l      print the cd directory stack, one entry per line
#       -       equivalent to $OLDPWD
#       -n      cd to nth directory in cd directory stack
#       -s      cd to first directory in stack matching (substring) `s'
#
# arguments:
#       dir     cd to dir and push dir onto the cd directory stack
#
# If the new directory is a directory in the stack and the options selected
# it (-n, -s), the new working directory is printed
#
# If the variable CDHISTFILE is set, the cd directory stack is loaded from
# and written to $CDHISTFILE every time `cd' is executed.
#
# Note: I got this off the net somewhere; I don't know the original author
#
# Chet Ramey
# chet-zEUDwSfRKwCVc3sceRu5cw at public.gmane.org

Anywho, I thought I would pass it on.