How do you start a blog/wiki?

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Sat May 21 01:16:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:54:57 -0400
Rob Sutherland <rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2005 20:20:05 -0400
> Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 06:24:54PM -0400, F. Duran wrote
> > > I don't know if it will be any useful, but I had nothing better to
> > > do this weekend and I launched OpenSourceCanada.com (another wiki,
> > > the GTALUG looks great!) So yes, another empty web.
> >
> >   On a tangent to your post, how does one go about doing that?  I've got
> > a few computer-related things I want to spout off about, and a blog or
> > wiki might be the way to go.  Is there a fundamental difference between
> > blogs and wikis, or are they just different brand names?

Of course, I forgot the main difference - blogs are used more for publishing,
as one or a small group putting out most of the content, where wikis are used for
collaboration and/or collecting and storing information from a larger group.

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com
Land: (416) 536-0176 | Cell: (416)407-1391