Hardware security in PCs to accompany new Windows

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri May 20 05:33:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005, James Knott wrote:

> My understanding, is that you can't get patents on prior art.  I'd like to

Imho a certain patent authority has been successfully proving you wrong
for the last 20 years or so. If you have to spend $10 million and 3
years in court to prove it was 'prior art' then it's not necessarily
prior art. As long as it happens in a confined place, like a country,
I'd call it a private circus. Once it would start spreading, I'd call it
cancer however.

Peter