iptables

Anthony Alex magalex-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 20 00:07:06 UTC 2005

--- William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 05:04:32PM -0400, Anthony
> Alex wrote:
> is there a way to find
> > out,  what the original distribution was, before
> it was mangled ?
>
> Actually, IPtable is fairly standard across all
> distro, because it's
> implemented through kernel modules.  Same kernel,
> same modules.  Rules
> by which packets are filtered are, of course, depend
> on situation.

BTW, thanks to all for their ideas/suggestions.
Yes, i understand this part. Perhaps my question was
not clear - I am indirectly working on a distro which
was, I believe hardened for firewall purpose. From my
little experience this system, I cannot tell what
distro it is ? Is there a way to dig this out ? I'm
just curious.
uname -a, dmesg did not show anything specific....
TIA,