linux TCPIP stack design

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue May 17 18:10:56 UTC 2005

The last time I looked at it (2001) it was better described as a pure TCPIP 4 layer model. To be honest though the data structure (sbuf) is sufficiently general purpose to be used in non-tcpip situations (which it is used). the actual layer model though is a more tcpip4, with the hardware layer split between top half and bottom half handlers.

Bill