Please distribute (quickly): Made in Canada Stallman video?

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 16 15:27:01 UTC 2005

On 5/16/05, Rob Sutherland <rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2005 08:26:09 -0400
> "Stewart C. Russell" <scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > psema4 wrote:
> > >
> > > The political landscape is in turmoil and the media is (naturally) all
> > > over it.  If you're looking for a way to make a difference in Canadian
> > > politics, give the politicians something that's easy to digest.  A
> > > Stallman video might be just what the doctor ordered.
> >
> > Uh, dude, Stallman's got a great face for radio (and, as my train buddy
> > slightly uncharitably put it, "a great voice for books"). Probably best
> > to keep it audio only.

More or less, the same thing came up on the DCC list shortly after
posting - I would expect more political types to take the time to
watch a video than listen to an audio recording.

(And to reiterate another point from that discussion - I'm not
suggesting the avoidance of an audio distribution.  It's as easy to
one as the other, if you do the video first.)

> > If you want to do a video, point a camera at Cory next time he's in
> > town. He's a better poster-boy for the movement.
>
> Yeah, he'd be good. Hmmm...to bad we couldn't organize an Open Source vs
> Free Software wrestling match between Stallman and Raymond, that'd bring
> 'em in :-)

That would be awesome.  lol.

--
- SGE