The Clocks ticking... (Was: Canada's own DMCA)

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 15 21:52:08 UTC 2005

On 5/15/05, Zbigniew Koziol <zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > "Parliament does not accept electronic petitions. While electronic
> > petitions are far easier to sign, taking the extra time sign a paper
> > petition that meets the requirements of parliament goes further to
> > convincing parliament."
>
> Shouldnt we change parliament, since they do not accept online petitions? ;)

Not necessarily.  I would rather see all of the parties get familiar
with these issues, rather than just the folks currently in power.

If we're going to change parliament, we should change it not because
people don't want to spend 5 minutes of their time, a few cents on
ink, paper, envelope and stamp;  Rather we should change it because
they pay far more attention to industry funded lobbies than to it's
own citizens.  (who voted them in to begin with.)

Btw, Richard Stallman is presenting in Calgary this week (May 18th) on
Software Patents.  Indications are that he may also be speaking on
this petition as well.

More info:  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/view/844

--
- SGE