I'm sure the Canadian situation is similar.

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 15 17:51:07 UTC 2005

(re: I'm sure the Canadian situation is similar)

On 5/14/05, bob <fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/0,2000061733,39191668,00.htm

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that was the reason.  A lot of
folks believe the cost benefits (of using open source in schools) is
inherent;  and I would be one of those.  :-)

If you come accross a copy of the report from the British Educational
Communications and Technology Association (as referenced in the
article), please post a link or mail me off-list.  I'd really like to
take a closer look at it.

Thanks!
--
- SGE