Any experience with DataWind Wireless Pocket web Surfer?

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 15 16:33:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:

> They, it seems, do that on windows, so they have Internet Explorer
> compatibility.
>
> But.. wait.. your method would allow to have more that just web browser!  An
> entire desktop would be availalble with all programs, am I right?

Yes. And I have some experience doing that, moving a xvfb b/w desktop to
a graphics display over a serial link at 115.2 kBauds (standard serial
speed). It's nothing to write home about and the resolution is really
low (think trying to look at a 1x1 meter map through a postcard size
hole). But it has some potential for certain applications.

Peter