Any Bash features you'd like to see?

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 13 23:08:21 UTC 2005

> > I'd also like to see proper control-left/right to hop words.  I need
> > to do more reading to get this sort of thing working properly
> > everywhere.  Half of the apps I use don't recognize proper key
> > combinations.  =/
>
> "\eOd": backward-word
> "\eOc": forward-word
>
>      Or, (depending on your terminal):
>
> "\e[1;5D": backward-word
> "\e[1;5C": forward-word

Tried both methods, but neither seemed to work - will have to play
with it some more.

It did however lead to finally reading this whole thread, and trying
out bash 3 and bash.diff.

I'd like to see another loadable sql interface - one for odbc
connections.  I haven't had a chance to play with Msql or Lsql yet,
but I'd like to try duplicating some of my SAL work under basp.

(Read as: trying to learn how to avoid relying on perl.  I love perl,
but bash is getting interesting.  ;-)

[BTW:  on the Which Editor is the Best OS thread:  I'd definately go
with GNU NanOs  ;-) ]

--
- SGE