sad commentary on THEIR ability

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 12 18:55:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 09:06:13AM -0400, Rob Sutherland wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:26:37 -0400
> > http://homepage.mac.com/yaztromo/iblog/C721686556/E320292175/
> I'd say that the problem isn't us, as in the Open Source community not
> giving answers and support, but a lack of due diligence on the part of
> these people.

This is what I learned (and learning) from my trying to sale Linux
thin-client.  To us, it's waste of money.  To them, it's job security.

    - Nobody gets fired for going with Microsoft.  In fact, all those
      labour intensive maintenance means that their department will get
      more budget.  More budget means more power and prestige.  Hence,
      job security.

    - Also, you have to keep in mind that these people are "failed"
      doctors.  They didn't make it in clinical area or treating
      patient, so they decided on different work.

We should have our monthly meetings at a strip joint.  Then, we can
invite people, say from Ministry of Health, Transportation, etc. to our
meeting, and have a meaningful discussion of the problems they are
experiencing.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada