eepro100 does not detect the link beat on NetGEAR switch FS608v2 !?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 12 14:36:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 07:29:22PM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote:
> I tried the e100 driver with no more luck.
> But I learnt that my card wants IRQ15 while it is given IRQ9, that might
> explains something...

Well IRQ15 is normally the second IDE controller, although if you don't
use it and disabled it, then that is OK.  IRQ9 is most commonly used for
ACPI, but doesn't have to be.

PCI cards don't get to want anything, they get to say what amount and
type of resources they would like and then they get told what resources
(if any) they actually got.  They also have no concept of IRQ numbers,
only PCI interrupt lines A through D, which the BIOS/OS then assigns to
a system interrupt number and tells the driver to expect that irq number
for the device.

Lennart Sorensen