Any Bash features you'd like to see?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 11 21:16:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 04:58:34PM -0400, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2005, William Park wrote:
>
> >I've just added bunch of string operations into Bash shell.
> >   http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashdiff/
> >
> >While I'm at it, is there any features that you'd like to see in Bash
> >shell?
>
>    X window commands, e.g.:
>
> window=$(openwindow -geometry 600x300+10+10)
> drawline $window 10 10 30 100
> text $window "Hello, world."
> closewindow $window

I've been tossing that idea around.  So far, it's like builtin variation
of 'dialog'.  I certainly put hooks into C libraries.  We'll see...

By the way, folks, there is a new book on shell scripting called
    "Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach"
from Apress.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada