What about post-installfest support?

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat May 7 17:16:01 UTC 2005

I think that we are getting seriously carried away here.

An install fest is a time and place to help people get their computer
running Linux. While there, we should make sure that the apps they
know they need work the way they should. This includes email.

Once someone is home their computer should continue to work at those tasks.
If someone cannot then manage to solve some problem, then there is an
email address (presently tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org) that they can ask a user
community for help on. If the email help is insufficient, then the
list is a good place to arrange to have someone come by and help.

If we think that we should provide a "quick guide" for new linux
users, the GTAlug website is a great place to host it. (hint hint,
wink wink, nudge nudge).
We could even create a whole section on getting started, with links and such.
Don't print things on dead trees, one more piece of paper is just more
trash. If someone is happier looking at paper, let them print it
themselves.

Please don't start another email list. We don't need a bunch of people
that don't know what they are doing giving and getting bad
information.

Cheers,
-Joseph-