Installfest - hardware

Leah Cunningham leah-8JrgHtYBq2OWVfeAwA7xHQ at public.gmane.org
Fri May 6 19:24:46 UTC 2005

Steve (bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org) [050506 07:42]:
> If I plan on showing up for the June Installfest, what do I need to bring (other than computer)? Monitor, keyboard, mouse? I'd rather not cart around my 19" CRT if I didn't have to!

So what Jo said is correct, just let us know officially when you
decide what hardware you would like on site and we will provide it
or let you know if we can't.  The more warning the better.

If you already have Linux on the machine you might want to backup
your XF86Config file (usually in /etc or /etc/X11) in case there are
problems.  We can always set up a generic VESA "should work with any
monitor" configuration that you can modify to suit your needs later
if X problems are a concern.

> For the record, I currently have: Fedora, Novell Desktop, Xandros & MS XP. I'm thinking of installing either Slackware or Debian to replace Novell or Xandros.

Let us know what you finally decide on and we'll make sure we have
it on hand.

Leah
--
Must not turn into a snake.  It never helps.