Test for invalid unicode in file name

Ken O. Burtch kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 6 17:43:07 UTC 2005

Hello,

To do this is a portable way, Linux has a command called pathchk which
can be used to both verify that a path exists and can verify that the
pathname is POSIX-complaint (no strange characters, etc.).  You can run
this command from Perl with backquotes.

For more info on pathchk, buy my book "Linux Shell Scripting with Bash"
and see pg. 170.  Or, slightly cheaper, type "man pathchk".

Ken B.