Comparison chart of Intel/AMD cpus?

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Fri May 6 07:10:54 UTC 2005

В Птн, 06/05/2005 в 02:12 -0400, Walter Dnes пишет:
>   In the old days, we only had to worry about whether we were buying a
> 486 or a 486SuX ("affectionate nickname").  Now there's a whole slew of
> Intel cpus, and AMD is a serious competitor, which doubles the list.  I
> believe that the AMD Sempron is equivalant to the Intel Celeron.  Beyond
> that, I'm lost.  Is there a comparison chart on the web somewhere?

Well benchmarks are real tricky thing here, as in general performance.
Most people know that AMD kicks ass, but if say code was optimized
blindly
for Intel chips you might be not so lucky. I'd say arrange a list of
most important
applications and search google for what people think of the chip and
software
combinations... Generic benchmarks don't show responsiveness of
hardware,
some other peculiar semi-subjective bits.
hth,
pavel