Further Follow-ups

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 5 15:09:33 UTC 2005

--- James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
> > Regarding Centennial College, the spot they are
> > thinking about for the install fest is somewhere
> in
> > their newest campus, the "Centennial HP Science
> and
> > Technology Centre". This is at 755 Morningside
> Avenue
> > (Morningside and Ellesmere Road, 1 km south of the
> > 401). In other words we are talking a more car
> > friendly place than a TTC friendly place. Yes, I
> would
> > love to do an install fest in the downtown core,
> and
> > one in the west end of the city. But for now we
> have a
> > bird in the hand and let's go with it.
>
> Given that most people will be bringing a computer
> to an install fest, a
> "car friendly" location is essential.  Not many
> people want to carry a
> full size computer on the TTC.

Something I would be curious about, what percentage of
people would show up at an event like this with a
laptop vs. a conventional desktop PC? I suspect the
laptop users will care more about transit times (by
car or TTC) than about how car friendly a place is.
Also, would the laptop / desktop mix change noticeably
in a downtown location vs. a suburban location? In
other words doing this event in car friendly locations
is very important I don't think it is the whole story
and some of these events should be run in TTC friendly
locations...

Colin McGregor