Canada's own DMCA

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Wed May 4 17:25:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005 12:40:37 -0400
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> - The Liberals have demonstrated stunning political incompetence, and,
> based on this, deserve to lose.  (That's quite independent of whether
> or not they deserve to be out on their ear based on Gomery Inquiry
> issues; that could be an additional "moral" reason to deserve to be
> turfed out...)
>
> - The Bloc can't form a government; they can only steal seats from the Liberals.
>
> - The NDP aren't in a position to really capitalize on others' losses;
> they're too much a specialty party to win.
>
> I just can't fathom, at this point, what party Ontario voters would,
> in general, consider voting for.

You're not alone. Too bad the Rhinos are gone :-) I would have expected the NDP
to be all over this, but there's such a technophobic streak in their leadership
that they really haven't done much. I guess the Manitoba NDP passed a resolution
to support FOSS a while ago, which is good

http://plug.ca/article.php?story=20050321233431578

but I notice that Jack Layton is still running IIS :-)

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.jacklayton.ca

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com
Land: (416) 536-0176 | Cell: (416)407-1391