SPAM-LOW: Re:Semi-OT: Database for "average" users

David Mayerlen dmz-yBkl/NpmZwtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 3 19:35:16 UTC 2005

> Windows is good enough for the vast majority of computer users. If you
> don't know what to expect out of a database then it's not suprising that
> you'd be willing to settle for something as inferior as MySQL.

 Here here!!! I totally agree. MySQL is the classic example of "its gonna
be great someday". And when that day comes cool! For now I do use it but
only for simple things. Can't wait until it finally has "views" which will
be the coming version and that will finally make it somewhat useful! Sure
is expensive free software however if you happen to care about support and
stuff :-)