Semi-OT: Database for "average" users

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Mon May 2 17:14:17 UTC 2005

On May 2, 2005, at 1:04 PM, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Yes there is such equivalents.

Names?

> The point is one of philosophy. You want a packaging system that will
> install the GUI as well as the back end engine.

Heck, no.  I want it as complex as possible so I can make lots of money
explaining to the ignorant masses how they could never be competent
enough to be trusted with control of their own data.  :-)  But,
strangely enough, *The Users* seem to think in terms of solutions to
their problems instead.

> The point is that a typical install installs both, while in the unix
> world one normally needs to install multiple packages.

Yep...one byte at a time, each from a different URL, it sometimes feels
like.  :-)

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714