Configure Public share on Samba

Nezumikozo Nezumikozo-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon May 2 00:33:02 UTC 2005

Joe,

Force user to the user that owns the home directory containing your
share.  I am pretty sure that is why mine works.

[private]
        comment = Private Folder (pics, docs, etc)
        path = /home/user/share
        force user = change this to the user owning the home directory above
        force group = users
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

Jay