Semi-OT: Database for "average" users

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 1 19:12:01 UTC 2005

On 4/30/05, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 12:09:21PM -0400, phil wrote:
> > I guess the question is, anyone know of a project designed to bring an
> > all-in-one database solution to end users such that conceptually easy
> > things are, in fact, easy to do?  (Does anyone think it's even
> > possible?)
> >
> > Any general comments about database ease of use, or lack thereof, are
> > also of interest.
>
> How about SQLite?  It's one file, much like GDBM.  As for GUI frontend,
> I'm not sure.

SQLite is no better an answer than any of the other suggestions as it
is not usable by itself.

To use it, you have to add something else.

Thus, given the requirement to install at least two packages, one of
them might as well be PostgreSQL ;-).

"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)