Thunderbird Slayer ! URGENT

John Moniz john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 1 19:10:14 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:

> On Sun, 1 May 2005, Ilya Palagin wrote:
>
>> Patrick Allen wrote:

>>> Actually, it happened yesterday.
>>
>> I've got the same problem for about one week :-)
>> Using Mozilla mail currently.
>

> I have pinned it down tighter:
>
> The bug appears when there is a thread in which I posted and then
> someone replied and I posted again. Then, the thread will have two
> messages with the same id, and one of them (the latter one) will point
> to the id of the previous one (in References:). But since it will have
> the same id, it will point to itself. The threading mechanism probably
> chokes on this entering an endless loop. I think that it may be
> possible to avoid the bug by turning threading off for that folder. I
> do not use Thunderbird. Is that possible ?
>
> Peter

I couldn't try turning off the threading because I couldn't get in to
the folder that had the bad e-mail and don't know of a way to turn it
off globally.

Your e-mails up to Apr. 24 seem OK, but had to delete the others. I
worked backed one day at a time (using vi) and T-Bird always failed
until I got to the 24th.

John.