Thin Client and Sound

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 31 23:13:18 UTC 2005

On March 31, 2005 10:22 pm, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Phil Kay wrote:
> > I know this is getting off-topic, but I work for a small private
> > University and we're looking at replacing our centralized database app.
> > Most apps now that fill the areas we are examining run on MSSQL.  I
> > haven't found any open-source equivalent that I would consider mature
> > enough for our purposes.
>
> You don't consider MySQL or Postgres mature enough for your purposes?
>
> What are your concerns?
>
> Rob
This was in the news the other day, just in case these were your reasons.

-snip-

'Most important ever' MySQL reaches beta'

The open source database company says it is 'fixing 10 years of criticism in
one release', and is aiming at boosting enterprise take-up.

"People have been criticizing MySQL since we started [in 1995] for not having
stored procedures, triggers and views," said Axmark. "We're fixing 10 years
of criticism in one release."

-snip-

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39192964,00.htm

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca